Thursday, July 31, 2014

When life hands you lemons .. part 2

"When life hands you lemons... add vodka. Always add vodka." ... errr, something like that.

So none of these stories are actually 'lemons' but I think the 'lemonade' is y'all getting to laugh at my expense. 

I drove us home, and, with an elbow to the ribs every few minutes, Dan stayed awake to keep me company. Olivia slept the entire way home. Of. Course.



After almost three hours of sleep, we started our Sunday. It was a beautiful day and we were able to spend some time at the pool.



After the pool my hair dryer caught on fire. I'm currently taking suggestions, as I'm now in the market for a new one.

We had wonderful plans of going to bed early. Even the best laid plans can be trumped by a DVR full of trashy TV.

At 10 pm the power goes out.

I don't know if you've been in Charlotte in July, but I can tell you it's pretty warm. Air conditioning is usually nice.

Also, I sleep with white noise, so, that was clearly missing.

Also, the storms were so loud. 

Also, despite our all-nighter and a wonderful attempt from Trader Joe's chewable melatonin, we did not sleep.

It wasn't until halfway into my first meeting on Monday that I actually woke up. My co-workers noticed. Good morning, Kelley, nice of you to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment