Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Does Black Spray Paint Come Out of Blonde Hair?

Does black spray paint come out of blonde hair? That was, in a sense, my Facebook status the Saturday before Halloween. Despite no real reassurance that it would come out, Dan and I still went for it. I half assumed we would be running to the store, buying blonde hair dye the next day.

For Halloween, we went as Sandy and Danny from Grease. It was a costume we could pull off with items we had around the house. 


My mother's first comment: WHY... did you own those pants?! 

Umm .. they are Miley Cyrus for Walmart. I bought them for $8 and just knew that one day I would need stretchy pleather leggings. 

Plus, some thigh high boots and a chunky sweater and I might get mistaken for Kourtney Kardashian. My point: these pants were a clutch purchase. Don't be offended if I wear them in real life. 


This is the only picture we got together before my camera died. Odd angle, not ready, self-timer, but you get the gist. I know my hair isn't right, but I had the blonde wig already. 

Speaking of hair ....


Yeah. That was my husband. People were shocked when they saw him. And those who met him for the first time that night, definitely wont recognize him in the future. I am happy to say that three just-in-case-shampoo's later -- he's back to blonde.

I have to tell you, though, that Dan has never seen Grease. I didn't think people like that existed. I merely told him, "We are going to be Sandy and Danny from Grease." "Here wear this." "Close your eyes while I spray your hair." I didn't think there was any issue with Dan knowing who he was for Halloween.

Actual conversation:

Dan's friend: Hey!!! John Travolta!!

Dan: Um. No. I think I'm Danny.

WOW. Looks like we will be watching Grease this weekend!

Update: Since this is my most googled post, after a thorough shampoo, he went back to his blonde self with no signs of the spray / dulling of his haircolor / etc. You can always add some baking soda to the shampoo for some extra scrubbing power.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Those pants are the best! They WOULD be Miley Cyrus. Great costume, both of you! (But glad Dan's back to blonde)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! And now you know - if you ever need black hair - the spray will come out!

      Delete
  2. OMG, that's funny! Can't believe he hasn't seen Grease...hahaha! Perfect costume; I hardly recognized you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan should have gone as Gumby
    He seems quite pliable

    OMT
    Tony Gonzalez was wide open........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He wasn't happy - but I wanted the hair and the shoes in the picture.

      Delete
  4. love the sand dollars and starfish on it. I put it on this little corner shelf in the living room. Spray painting Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. An author must have a vast knowledge of vocabulary. The dictionary of a writer must be full of new english vocabulary to make their work more attractive. Use of new words makes their work more valuable and graceful.วิธี แก้ รองเท้า เหลือง

    ReplyDelete
  6. It leaves me with baby soft hair that's so much straighter and easier to maintain/style BLACKWOOD FOR MEN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sebastian Professional Hair Care is a complete range of the most amazing hair care products one could ever imagine. Whatever the hair type or whatever the hair problem, Sebastian hair care products is the answer. Be it conditioners, moisturizers, shampoos or creme serums, they just have it all! Most of these products are best sellers and are sold as soon as they hit the market! Hair Colour

    ReplyDelete