Monday, January 7, 2013

Pumpkin muffins with cinnamon cream cheese icing

This was delicious. And just as fast as I made it, I had forgotten about it -- until going through pictures. So this post will help me remember the recipe.

I don't have measurements. I'm sorry. One day, when I make it again I will try to measure what I used and the edit the post. Until then..

First, make this from the box:


Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix. I make mini muffins. They are easy to share. Don't forget the bag trick if you are making mini ones. 

Then I made the icing by combining equal parts cream cheese and butter. (For perspective, a half block of cream cheese makes a generous amount of icing for these. I used the whole block and then froze the rest of the icing). 

Then I would put about a tablespoon of cinnamon, a half teaspoon of vanilla, and then powdered sugar to taste. I like really sweet icing and less of a cream cheese flavor so I used a couple of cups. Just add, taste, if you want it sweeter, add some more. 

These were SO good.


To summarize:

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
4oz cream cheese
4oz butter
1 T cinnamon
1/2 t vanilla
a couple cups of powdered sugar

Fall bucket list cross off:
  • Buy a box of Trader Joe's pumpkin muffin mix. Make the muffins. Top with cream cheese icing. Call it breakfast, not dessert.
Breakfast. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment