Friday, February 16, 2018

Emma is Two!

Emma's birthday started with her favorite breakfast - donuts. She woke up super early - which was a lot of fun, because I normally leave for work before she's awake. I said "happy birthday Emma" and she yelled, "I'm TWO!" I wasn't sure she actually understood a birthday until that moment. She ran into her closet, grabbed her birthday shirt and asked to put it on. We went downstairs and I added two candles to her donut. 


And she was terrified of them! She kept turning away and yelling "no hot!" She refused candles for the rest of her birthday. 


But diving into the donut was ton's of fun!


She shared cupcakes with her friends at school and her teachers made her a birthday sign. (More sugar!)


For dinner we had Pasta Provisions which is Emma's favorite - it's homemade from this little shop (not our home - haha). Funny side story - Olivia always had spaghetti squash and we called it spaghetti. She was probably 3 when we finally got her pasta provisions and she freaked, "what is this amazing stuff??? why is it different from all the other spaghetti I have had!" She had never had real pasta before - haha.

My parent and Dan's parents were in town, so we sang happy birthday again, with no lit candles, and Emma was in heaven! She's actually even saying 'cheese' here because she was so excited about her cake.

2 comments:

  1. She is so precious and we had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Emma!! She cheeses for treats - that's my kind of girl. That birthday cake smile is perfection :) What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete