Sunday, February 11, 2018

Baby #3 is a....

We didn't lie to people about the ultrasound date this time around. We told everyone the day we were finding out, but knew we wanted to tell family and the girls first - and then reveal to everyone else. Well - that wasn't the best idea. :) We had quite a few texts from people DYING to know the gender. Part of me wanted them to wait so they could find out in the mail, the way we planned - but part of me liked that they cared enough to reach out and wanted to tell them right away.

I get it - I was DYING to know the gender too. Mostly because Olivia had her heart set on a girl - and I didn't want her to be disappointed. Also because people were telling her a boy would be better - and I, again, didn't want her to be disappointed. 

Anyway - we told the girls with a cupcakes and got it on video. Emma kept yelling "party!" when she saw the cupcakes - but Olivia was excited for the surprise. It took her a few bites to get deep into the color. Then, she thought she saw pink and blue. And then finally saw the right color.

We sent the video to our parents and watched it with them over the phone. And then we mailed out these scratch offs.


I really wanted to send out those capsules that have the sponge inside (they normally have dinosaur shaped sponges) where you put it in warm water to melt the capsule and the sponge pops out and I wanted it to say "girl" or "boy." But, turns out, those don't exist. Someone work on that.

Anyway, the cupcakes and the scratch offs revealed that its another girl for us!!


We could not be more thrilled. Three sisters! Dan always told me he was going to have all girls - and that has turned out to be true. I can't wait for more pink, more sister matching, more use for those hand-me-downs, and no nursery decorating! Olivia is just dying for her baby sister to be here already - and Emma is still pretty pumped for a party. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Another beautiful baby girl! Now the question that remains- blonde or another fiery redhead?!?! You really could've shared in advanced with your dear long distance friend over here- I mean, who was I going to tell?? ; ) Fun surprise and super excited for your sweet PINK family!

    ReplyDelete