Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Comedy for your Tuesday

Tuesdays are the worst. Mondays, you are still in weekend-mode. Wednesday is hump day. Thursday is Friday eve. And Friday? TGIF. But Tuesdays are just Tuesdays.

Have you noticed that everything bad happens on Tuesdays? Okay, so not bad. But those trivial things that you just don’t want to happen. They happen on Tuesdays. Like this morning, I was running late, so I decided to put on my mascara at a red light. Well I dropped the brush on my new khaki skirt. It proceeded to bounce 3 times, and leave 3 lovely black stains, that I got to wear all day. Tuesdays. (I know .. I shouldn’t have been late, or been putting on mascara in the car .. but I’m going to blame it on Tuesday).

It’s like the day that I went to Starbucks on the way to work, was very excited about my $86 frappucino, and dropped it on the floor on the way in. Tuesday. Or when I was on my way to return the brand new loaner Mercedes, and the girl who didn’t speak English crashed into the back of it. Tuesday. The day I found out that they no longer make Dunkaroos? You guessed it, Tuesday.

Tuesday
Start to notice, and you might find it quite comical.

Speaking of comical, have you heard of Demetri Martin? He has been a favorite of mine for a while. I don’t listen to much stand-up comedy, but I find him hysterical.  He is so incredibly smart that his jokes usually involve a play on words and require a little thinking. They are also mostly one-liners, so you don’t have to listen to a long story.  

Before you watch this video (and come on, you have 4 minutes for a little comedy on a Tuesday), I have a few of his jokes typed out. It’s a fun little preview and will get you in the mindset.

"When you have a fat friend there are no see-saws, only catapults."
 – Demetri Martin

"If I ever saw an amputee getting hanged, I'd probably just start calling out letters."
– Demetri Martin

"I like to use 'I Can't Believe it's Not Butter' on my toast in the morning, because sometimes when I eat breakfast, I like to be incredulous. How was breakfast? Unbelievable. "
 – Demetri Martin

Do you kind of get his sense of humor? And now, if you don't find this funny, please don’t tell me. I spent 4 glorious minutes in the car ride home crying I was laughing so hard. Don’t spoil it.

You can start it at the 40 second mark:


If the video doesn't work, try this link:


1 comment: