Monday, August 17, 2015

Baby #2

Thanks everyone for the sweet calls / texts / emails / comments with congratulations. We are over the moon! 

This was Olivia's face when we told her:


Clearly, Olivia has no idea what is going on. She keeps pointing to her belly saying "baby?" But I know she will love having a baby around. And hate that she is no longer the center of attention. And love having a sibling. And hate having to share.

To answer some questions:

I am due February 12th. Totally opposite seasons for maternity clothes. Pro: I have an excuse to go shopping. Con: I have to wear pants. February is too cold for dresses.

We WILL find out the gender. I may have asked my doctor for one of those high risk blood tests to find out at 10 weeks. And then asked the ultrasound tech for a guess at 13 weeks. To say we are impatient is an understatement. Even though I know its a boy, Dan is starting to think its a girl, and I've got to cut back on my non-returnable boy purchases just in case. 

After finding out, we will then start the 6 month name debate, where we still have no idea 24 hours after birth.

I've been feeling like crap, thanks for asking. But those little ones are so worth it!! I wrote something every other week of the first trimester, so there's way more information than you ever wanted to know coming.

I do want to take weekly bump pictures. They'll be no where near as in depth as with Olivia. If I have a free hour, I'm not going to photoshop myself with a fruit, I'm going to nap or watch Bachelor in Paradise. They'll probably be dirty bathroom mirror selfies 6 days late, because, second kid. 

But I'm currently using the ones from last time to further depress myself in how much bigger I am this time around, and how I really need to lay off the queso, and I'd like to continue doing that. And be able to in any future pregnancies. 

5 comments:

  1. Awe a Valentine baby! Olivia is going to be an amazing big sister! Can't wait for more updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro: Pregnancy hot flashes won't be so bad and you can throw on a sweater with everything and a scarf. :) Maybe not the scarf - those definitely still made me have hot flashes. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the beach and completely missed all of the exciting news! Congratulations that is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear what you are having!! And Olivia is the cutest!! Any chance leggings can be in your future as pants? They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! Hope you're starting to feel better and enjoying those maternity pants & queso :) I vote for leggings and flowy tops/tunics for Fall/Winter.

    ReplyDelete