Friday, July 10, 2015

4th of July

Fourth of July is always the epitome of summer for me. 



We started by taking Olivia and baby for some donuts.




Then we headed straight to the pool. Our pool does live music, food trucks, photo booths and games all day on the 4th. At one point we were in the big pool and Olivia was asking to get out. I thought she wanted to jump in, so I put her up on the side. She ran directly toward the center of the concrete (where are the chairs are turned toward) and started dancing like crazy, breaking it down, getting so low she fell a few times. This girl had a blast. And definitely worked off the extra sugar from the donuts.


She found a 6 month old that she was dyyyying to have. She wanted to hold her and I had to keep saying "no you can't touch other babies." "that baby isn't ours." "you can't have her." She was in TEARS. This girl is dying for a real live baby, and she's ready to steal one at the pool. Hide yo kids. 

After a not-long enough nap, we spent the rest of the day outside where Olivia enjoyed her first sparklers and was scared to death of those popper things that Dan loves. We ate our body weight in watermelon, grilled out, and, made smores. 

I love when the 4th falls on a weekend - and this year it was just perfect!

6 comments:

  1. I think you like any excuse to play with her sidewalk chalk. ;-) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you all had a blast, especially Olivia! Have you thought about putting her in dance class? That's so cool that your pull has live music and food trucks. I'm going to have to see if we have one like that around here. I bet Mason would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to put her in dance class! I really haven't thought about that, but I bet she would love it! Mason can be her dance partner ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! That baby still cracks me up! And Olivia with her dancing is priceless! Girl is dying to be a big sis! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby doll is cracking me up - girlfriend needs a brush and a bow :) Surprised Olivia hasn't judged her into brushing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect way to spend the holiday! The baby - hilarious! Your pool sounds like so much fun - I'd want to go all the time too!

    ReplyDelete