Monday, November 17, 2014

Homecoming 2014

A few weekends ago, we went to Greenville for Furman's homecoming. Blair and Brett are troopers for having three dogs, six adults, and one toddler stay at their house for the weekend.


Furman's campus is so pretty. I swear I'd still run if we still lived there. This is a quick non-edited cell phone shot of the belltower.


We tailgated the football game. And then no one went to the game. And I took no pictures.



Olivia napped in her stroller like a champ. Because she really had no other choice - we weren't heading back.

Cookie in hand. My kind of nap.

We had a sitter that night and went out with old friends. And did a lot of small talk. And knew everything about everyone because of social media. 


The next morning, we went out for breakfast, and when we got back to Blair and Brett's, we were locked out.

Brett was contemplating pulling the Tahoe out, putting a ladder on it, and climbing to the second story open window. Typical male. Problem? Tahoe keys we're inside. I asked Blair for a credit card and broke into her side door in about 0.0004 seconds. 

Remember how last time we set off the alarm? Now, I've proven to Blair that I'm not to be trusted around anything locked or unlocked. Worst guests ever. 

On the other hand, my mom teaching me how to break into anything without a dead bolt has come in handy more than a few times. Hide yo kids, hide yo wives. 

12 comments:

  1. haha That is awesome that you broke in! That is a handy (but slightly sketchy) skill. That campus does look beautiful and I'm glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The campus is beautiful! And yes, slightly sketch, but, so far, I have only used it for good!

      Delete
  2. Handy!! That is funny. Looks like a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Furman looks gorgeous! I need to learn that credit card trick...you never now when it might come in handy. Especially since Mason now knows how to lock doors lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - with Mason around you definitely need to learn it! Or keep a spare key outside :)

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, you ratted me out! It's a third generation thing. My super conservative mother taught me that trick...I was just passing it along. :-) Beautiful pic of the clock tower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't just reference the best auto tune of all time. Cute pictures and it may be time for your friends to get a deadbolt ;) although how lucky they didn't have one!! The bell tower shot is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep time for them to get a deadbolt. Although, it did work out well.

      Delete
  6. Bahahahaha I love that you broke in! It was sooo good getting to see you and meet sweet Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good getting to see you too! Now we need to come visit so we can meet baby Clare. (She'll always be baby Clare, I think, no matter how old she gets).

      Delete