Monday, September 15, 2014

Scary Story for Halloween

This happened today:

I think I have mentioned this before, but my fear of spiders is slightly abnormal. 

I was on my way home from work, driving down the highway, when this small spider was crawling on the windshield. Being an optimist, I used my wipers to shoo it away. 

The wipers quickly confirmed that I was living out my greatest fear: the call is coming from inside the house spider was inside the car.

I had to be brave. Or neither one of us was getting out alive.

I grabbed my high heel shoe to smash it. 

I needed to hit it hard. Insta-kill. Or this demon creature would land in my lap. 

And I can't promise that I wouldn't have had a full-on panic attack if that happened. 

I took my shoe and slammed it against the windshield as hard as I could. Since I kept my eye on the road, the heel hit first. 

I thought for sure the heel was going through the windshield. Have you seen this meme?

Source

I just imagined trying to explain to both Dan and the insurance company. With a broken windshield and glass everywhere. "But..there was a spider." 

Luckily, I'm not nearly as strong as I think.

Second smash and he was gone. 

I continued home just knowing that I was the bravest person on the planet. And that there were a million and one spiders crawling all over me.

Dan - you can take my car to work tomorrow. There are glass cleaning wipes in the glove compartment.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I totally get that fear of spiders! I had a horrible spider bite on my right cheek as a teenager and to imagine that a spider was crawling on my face is beyond scary to me! Eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That is scary! I'm glad I'm not the only terrified.

      Delete
  2. Such a great story! Even better because I was "there". Love you and relieved you were able to avert a crisis!

    ReplyDelete