Monday, January 15, 2018

Olivia and Baby #3

1. We never mentioned more children to Olivia so that she never got her hopes up. Over the summer she told us, "I think we are going to have 3 more baby girls - and we'll name the next one Sofia." Funny, but she loves Sofia the first so totally makes sense.

Then, I had just found out I was pregnant, and never said a word in front of her - we were at the Dr getting flu shots and one girl was screaming her face off. I said "I'm so glad she's not my kid - I love you, and I love Emma" and Olivia goes "and you love baby Sofia."

....I'm wondering if, boy or girl, we'll have to name this one Sofia.


2. When we finally told the girls just before Christmas, Olivia's first reaction was: "I don't know if its a boy or a girl - but if it is a boy, can we pretend it's a girl, call it a girl, and tell people its a girl?" ...sure. 

3. Whenever my stomach gets bigger Olivia points and says, "look mommy! Our baby is getting bigger!" It is the sweetest thing. 


4. Olivia told Emma, "Emma, you are probably going to have to ride in the back of the grocery cart. You are about to be a big sister, and big sisters can't fit in the front seat of the cart." I just love how she's constantly thinking about having a new baby, even in the random day to day things. 


2 comments:

  1. Olivia is so smart (and funny!)! Yes, big siblings do have to ride in the back of the grocery cart. hahaha Sofia goes nicely with Olivia and Emma : ) I can't wait to find out what it issss!!! Lawter refers to her hypothetical little sister (always sister, never brother ha) after babies at her school/our friends. She wavers between Willow and Maeve, depending on the day : ) hahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful heart Olivia has! Oh right, she is like her mama!

    ReplyDelete