Friday, February 24, 2017

What to do with muslin swaddles when your baby is older?

I know you already know how much I love Swaddle Designs. Their muslin blankets (THE softest ones ever - sorry Aden & Anais), now come in a "touch of shimmer" collection available at Target.  

For a little throw back to newborn Emma, take a look at my first review here. We LOVE these blankets. I know you found yourself swaddling your infant in these incredibly soft breathable swaddles, but did you wonder what to use them for when your swaddling days are done?

Here are a few of our favorite ideas:

1) Impromptu picnics. I love that these are so easy to throw in my purse (instead of a bulky quilt). They are great for the playground, the park, or the front yard. Adding a snack and calling it a picnic makes my 3 year old's life.



2) As a light weight blanket. These are nice for this spring (February?) weather we have been having. A light blanket is nice, it keeps the wind and bugs off of the girls, but they don't get over heated.



3) For the babies. Since our babies were swaddled in these, Olivia's babies must be as well. I love that they don't take up a ton of room, but help entertain Olivia. And with the swaddle instruction pictures sewn in, even Olivia can do it!



4. Travel. Because they fold up small, we keep them in the car, my purse, the diaper bag. They are used as impromptu changing tables, bibs, or just a layer between our kiddos and whatever germs are on the highchair, seat, etc. 

The sweet people at SwaddleDesigns are giving away a 4 pack of their touch of shimmer collection to one of my readers. Head over to Instagram to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment