Sunday, December 1, 2013

Olivia and her friend

Olivia has a new best friend. I wish it were me. Unfortunately, I also knew the time would come when she would make friends. I wish I could choose her friends for her. I probably would not have chosen this one.

Her new friend is the ceiling fan.

She is obsessed.

She stares at him. She laughs at him. She smiles at him. And she talks to him more than she talks to either of us. 

If she's crying, the ceiling fan completely cheers her up. 

She likes all ceiling fans - so she definitely has a 'type.' But the one in the living room is her favorite.




I don't know if I am jealous of the ceiling fan, or more worried that my child has such an attachment to an inanimate object. 

Maybe she will make new friends at daycare? Human ones?

2 comments: