Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zucchini

Dan rarely ever goes to the grocery store, so when I left for Vegas I made sure he had enough food for breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the week. He did joke about how I was going a little overboard and that he knew how to feed himself. And then he texted me the first night, "wait. what's for dinner?" I love him.

When I got home from Vegas, I looked in the fridge to see what we still needed to eat, and ran across something I didn't buy.



K: Did you buy a zucchini?
D: Yeah.
Obviously. This guy never goes to the grocery store.

I look around and that appears to be the only new item.

K: Is that the only thing you bought at the grocery store?
D: Yeah.
Again, obviously. Sometimes a man just needs a zucchini.

K: Why??
D: I was going to make zucchini water.
.....

K: You mean cucumber water?
D: Crap. Did I mess that up?
K: Yeah. You did.

I guess its time to make some zucchini bread. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! I just cracked up! I love your blog and I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney!! We are so excited! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete