Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zucchini

Dan rarely ever goes to the grocery store, so when I left for Vegas I made sure he had enough food for breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the week. He did joke about how I was going a little overboard and that he knew how to feed himself. And then he texted me the first night, "wait. what's for dinner?" I love him.

When I got home from Vegas, I looked in the fridge to see what we still needed to eat, and ran across something I didn't buy.



K: Did you buy a zucchini?
D: Yeah.
Obviously. This guy never goes to the grocery store.

I look around and that appears to be the only new item.

K: Is that the only thing you bought at the grocery store?
D: Yeah.
Again, obviously. Sometimes a man just needs a zucchini.

K: Why??
D: I was going to make zucchini water.
.....

K: You mean cucumber water?
D: Crap. Did I mess that up?
K: Yeah. You did.

I guess its time to make some zucchini bread. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! I just cracked up! I love your blog and I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney!! We are so excited! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  2. OMG that's so funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete