Saturday, April 3, 2021

9 Months Pregnant with #4


I'm writing this 39 weeks pregnant so it's really the past 7 weeks. I actually feel great. I had some weeks in there where I was in a lot of pain and thought I wouldn't make it. But now we are finally in the home stretch - and hopefully sooner rather than later. 

I had to stop lifting stuff and stop bending over to the ground to pick things up in order to really feel better. It meant I couldn't pick up Sloan - but she could still climb in my lap. And I bought a grabber "for the elderly" (amazon description) to pickup around the house. Because if you have kids you know there are one million things to pick up any given moment. 

I've honestly been pretty nervous that she'll be too big. Sloan was 9 lbs. This baby was exactly Sloan's measurements in all categories at the 36 week ultrasound. My doctor would like her out this week (39 weeks) but the hospital has been out of space for awhile, especially having separate covid positive and covid negative rooms. They are only taking the most medically urgent for inductions and it isn't up to the doctors (since there are multiple from each practice), instead it's the charge nurse's decision who gets a room. So an induction before 42 weeks is unlikely these days. Unfortunately, the other hospital in town is having no issues. 

So, even though I feel great and wouldn't mind going over my due date quite a bit - I'm worried about how delivery will go if she's overcooked. She was already 7 lbs at 36 weeks. And 8.5 pounds at her ultrasound this week. 

It's so surreal that we are going to have another baby. I don't think it's actually sunk in. (Maybe bc we've barely talked about what to name her. Or maybe bc I've been in total denial at work. I love my team and am so excited about the work we are doing that I don't want to be out. Don't get me wrong, it's in capable hands, I just selfishly want to be a part of it.) We will legitimately be bringing home another child in 3 weeks and so starts the newborn no sleep, postpartum recovery, breastfeeding, etc. and I just haven't even let that sink in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment