Saturday, February 13, 2021

8 Months Pregnant with #4


This one is tricky. I'm only 32 weeks pregnant (and I want credit for all 32 weeks), but we're just under two months until the due date - so I guess my 9 month post will be 36 weeks - and we'll go from there. Actually feeling great. Besides the furniture moving days or days where I'm on my feet too long - I'm not in much pain. I'm not sleeping much. Usually up around 3am for the day - after peeing 4 times throughout the night. With Emma, I had horrible insomnia. With Sloan, I found these magnesium gummies that cured the insomnia. I thought I was smooth sailing this time around - but the insomnia came back. I am now paralyzed with fear that this one will sleep like Emma did instead of Sloan. Haha! We sure love Emma, but that was a level of tired I'm not sure I can survive again. 

There's not much to do to plan for the 4th. I am keeping a list of snacks I want at the hospital. That's actually my top priority. Snacks. 

Sloan had to come home in a diaper bc she was too big for her coming home outfit. And the hospital has all you need. So no need to pack much. 

The nursery is exactly as it was when all 3 others had it. And we will eventually bring the baby clothes down from the attic and wash them - but that will take like 2 hours. 

Probably should have done a big renovation or something to keep me busy. ;) 

Failed my 1 hour glucose test, and had a scary experience in the 3 hour. My OB said, "I can tell you with confidence that you do not have gestational diabetes. However, your body clearly does not like sugar or carbs - so might be best to stay away." So I have started the gestational diabetes diet on my own (minus taking my blood sugar, pricking my finger, etc.) Did you know a banana has more carbs than you can have in an entire meal? And peanut butter has the amount of carbs you can have in a snack? I am realize how carb heavy so many things are. Upping protein has been hard - but no matter what it will be good for me and this baby. My hospital snacks are currently ALL the candy and sugar - I can have them in 8 or so weeks!

2 comments: