Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Emma is 5!

She's been talking about it for most of the year - so although I can't believe she's so big, I also kind of thought she was already 5. (Sloan believes that she too is 5) Emma stood on her tippy toes yesterday and said "when I wake up in the morning, I'll be this tall!" Emma has the biggest heart. She is always thinking about others and how they feel. She takes care of our dog, Koda. She makes Dan save and free the bugs that are trapped in our house. She has an incredible emotional maturity, and will call you out if you are not modeling the behavior you've asked of her. Being her parents can be very humbling. She is hands down the most excited about this new baby and constantly hugging and talking to my belly. She is an incredible big sister! New things, change, and hard things can be very difficult for her, and she's working every day on her frustration tolerance. I am so proud of the little girl she is becoming! I can't wait to see what 5 has in store for Emma. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a year without a broken bone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment